Thursday 4 April 2013

Open Letter to my MP

I have sent this email this evening to Rt Hon John Redwood, MP. He's my local MP.  No, of course I didn't vote for him but he does reply to email and I will post his reply when it arrives.


Dear John Redwood,

I am writing to express my disgust at George Osborne's pernicious opportunistic hijacking of the horrendous Philpott case to defend the Government's cutting of benefits for people who need them - (the vast majority of whom ARE WORKING). The Chancellor's cynical use of this extreme and exceptional case to link it to the general issue of benefit cuts is despicable, especially in the week he is giving away £1bn to the richest people in the country in tax cuts. 

I don't expect you to agree with me but I can't let this obscene abuse of the facts pass without comment. I do hope that you will consider this carefully and let your fellow backbenchers know how appalled people are at the Chancellor's tactics. 

Yours sincerely,
Peter Driver

No comments:

Post a Comment